Dogs are commonly known as the man’s best friend. But man argue even with their best friends so there is a need to speak about dog abandonment reasons as lately the issue has run wild.
There are 5 main reasons why people usually give up to their dogs and we’re going to see how each reason is applied on what’s concerning pugs.
1. House training problems have always been and will remain a strong reason why not consider a pug. Because the breed is small and stubborn, it has some difficulties in training. Not to mention their health troubles related to hot or too cold climate. So, if you are set to own a pug be prepared to spend as much time as needed to proper housetrain it. If you’re not patient, than you’d better consider buying another breed or find a professional trainer for your pug.
2. Veterinary costs. Because Pugs are increasing in popularity, more and more people want one, so many breeders take no care in their breeding practices and genetic disorders and health problems occur easily. All these require expensive treatments. Your solution is to buy your pug from a reputable breeder, as spending more at the beginning may avoid future extra bills which in the end may end up in abandoning your pug.
3. Barking is another common reason in dog abandonment. However, this time pugs are lucky as their breed is not a barking one. Usually if your pug barks a lot, well it’s your fault because you taught him this behavior by encouraging him often to bark a lot. So be cautious as what you do to your pug may one day turn against you.
4. Hyperactivity shown in permanent motion and vicious behavior is a major problem, too. And pugs are either lazy or hyperactive so it’s just a matter of luck of the draw for owners. However, your pug’s hyperactivity can easily be prevented through common sense rules. Don’t leave clothes all around the house; keep your laundry out of their reach, etc. Thus, your pug would have no raw material to shred. Better avoid problems than abandon a dog because one can’t assume responsibilities.
5. Aggression. Although pugs are not aggressive through nature, you have to treat him well, teach the children how to interact with him and train him. This is enough for a loving pug.