What leads do you use? What is the most safest, strongest lead?

Milo and peawee's leads have unclipped by theirself in dnagerous situations.

Eg: Peawee was lying down at the bus stop, he had our old dogs lead on because we hadn't yet got peawee a leash. The bus pulled into the stop and as it did peawees leash came unclipped and he walked forward, i noticed and grabbed him before he walked infrotn of the bus. That was weird because it was a strong clip on the lead, it was hard enought og et on let alone unclip. Its a clip you push inwards rather than down.

On wednesday Milo's came undone. We were outside dog training classes and Milo was greeting another dog and playbowed and hopped about and the lead unclipped by itself just as a car sped down the road. I grabbed him quickly, luckily he didnt run into the road away from the pup or that would be it for him...

Has anyone else had their pugs lead unclip? I want to buy them a stronger lead, or a different type of clip. Milos lead wasnt a cheap one, it had a clip you push down and it wasnt loose or anything but just unclipped..

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sophie! Wow I would hav panicked like crazy if Molly unclipped hers because she has no road sense at all :)!
I have used the kramar brand harnasses, lead and collar since I got Molly and they hav been very sturdy and safe so far. I don't know if you can buy them where you are, but it's a good brand I think.
I hope that helped maybe a little bit :)
goodluck!
Your little pugs are adorable!
Thanks Milo and peawee both have puppia harnesses, they're strong the leash doesn't seem to be..the leash isn't a puppia one but its a padded one, quite strong and the clip isnt loose so thats why i dont understand why it came unclipped! Neither of them are pullers either so its not like the lead has been weakened or anything. (Okay, peawee is a puller when my mum or anyone else in the family walks him.. not me though, ha!) But yeah, maybe ill have to use a double ended leash so then if one clip comes undone the other should stay put :p Not sure..

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Diane Moore posted a status
"Does anyone know of someone who would trade pug sitting? In other words you watch mine and I will watch yours when you go on vacation?"
Aug 13
Diane Moore liked Diane Moore's profile
Aug 13
Diane Moore shared a profile on Facebook
Aug 13
julie foutch replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Hello Christine so happy to hear from you and a Very Happy Birthday to those precious little wonders."
Aug 10
julie foutch liked Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
Aug 10
julie foutch commented on PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
"Awwww they are all so precious i just love them."
Aug 10
julie foutch liked PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
Aug 10
julie foutch and ediththth are now friends
Aug 10
ediththth posted a photo

45CFABF9-EED3-467C-B8BA-98B47C313AA2

Hi, everyone!My name is Lee Siu Lok Coca.
Aug 9
julie foutch left a comment for spencer manogura
"Welcome to our happy home,enjoy."
Aug 9
julie foutch left a comment for Ryan
"Welcome to our happy puggy home,enjoy."
Aug 9
julie foutch left a comment for Erica gimpel
"Welcome to our happy home,please enjoy."
Aug 9

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service