While still pursuing his final challenge, Vincent Thomas Pug, aka "Vinny the Pug" developed a tumor on his tongue.  A biopsy revealed that it was a particularly aggressive strain of cancer.  The time frame covering its discovery until Vinny's departure was about six weeks.  Despite the loss of a member, "Team Vinny" will continue working towards completing Vinny the Pug's final challenge.  Our goal is to help put the U.S. and Canada on a path towards reaching 100% NO-KILL by 2020. 

If you'd like to contribute to making Vinny the Pug's dream a reality, please visit his fundraiser site to make a contribution and encourage others to do so as well.   Visit Vinny the Pugs Final Quest Fundraiser campaign site at:   http://rkthb.co/30739

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Jackie!  YesVinny was my best friend who remained with me through thick and thin.  Oh, I have soooo many stories.  Anyway, after six years of incredible accomplishments, Vinny's career was soaring.  He had been on Channel 3 News, in Newspapers,  in several Magazines, featured in a book and got calls for a movie. Almost overnight, I descended into deep clinical depression.  It was so bad that I could not even leave my room for about a year.  My wife of 39 years mistook my depression for an excuse not to go to work.  She divorced me and I returned to my home city of New Orleans.  Vinny and I lived in a Hurricane Katrina damaged apartment that was partially gutted and very primitive.  There was zero income for nearly three years with me only able to occasionally make small amounts of money by repairing computers odd jobs.  I still feel very guilty about some of the really difficult living circumstances I took Vinny through.  There were hot muggy New Orleans summer days in the 90's without air conditioning for quite some time.  During the past hurricane, the electricity stayed off during which we fought the heat, humidity and mosquitoes for over 3-days. It wasn't until my 62nd birthday and the receipt of the first social security check did our lives take a change for the better.  It is a constant battle for me to keep from thinking that had I taken Vinny for regular physical exams, perhaps the vet would have discovered the tumor early enough.  Instead, I try to concentrate on the fact that GOD allowed me to have him for 12-1/2 years during which time Vinny was always right next to me.  There were very lonely times when he was the only living soul I could wrap my arms around and tell "I love You".  Truth be told, it was the knowledge that no one could take care of my pug as I could, that kept me giving up.  I can honestly say that Vinny the Pug, my best friend helped me weather the storms and was at my side when I emerged from depression.  I own him more than I can tell you.  It is for those and other reasons that Vinny the Pug's Final Quest will surely be completed. Thank you for sharing your kindness and love.

Allen Kimble, Jr. & "Vinny the Pug" 4-Ever!

New Orleans

What a beautiful tribute! I'm sobbing and can't stop. Typing through tears. God bless you and thank you for giving this lucky pug a happy and love-filled life. Long live Vinny's legacy! Anything that can be done on my part. I would be happy to help.

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

julie foutch posted a discussion

Happy New Year

Here we are another year together on Pugslife"as we have gone through the years we've seen many changes not only here but,in our on lives,some have moved on in life.Here in my life i've had many changes actually most for the best as i rescue many not just pugs but,all that is so special to me and i know hold a seat on our tourism and event committee.As i will always consider pugslife home and very much my family,i hope everyone here has the best of a New Year and i look forward to sharing my…See More
Jan 1
Literary Lucy posted a status
"Lucy has her own Buzzfeed quiz! :D http://bzfd.it/2ljB0Fj"
Dec 29, 2017
Literary Lucy liked Di's spoiled kids's photo
Dec 29, 2017
Literary Lucy liked Di's spoiled kids's photo
Dec 29, 2017
Literary Lucy liked julie foutch's photo
Dec 29, 2017
Literary Lucy liked julie foutch's photo
Dec 29, 2017