I would like to hear about your Pugs' quirks, oddities, strange behaviors, reactions, etc.

I have found through reading about Pugs, that many of the weird things I thought were specific to my dogs, were in fact, breed traits.

So let's start sharing and see if we can't all have a good laugh while learning more about Puggies!

Thank you everyone.

Views: 3010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol my Zoe does the same thing! It is soo funny! She loves to bark at the dog Brian on Family Guy, but any dog or horse and she is jumping up on her hind legs and barking at them. It is so cute.
My Mom's pug, Maddie, watches TV all the time. She barks and growls at any animal, or any cartoons. Her favorite commercials are for Benneful food, and the M&M one where the M&M is running on the conveyor belt. If she is in another room and hears them come on the TV she comes running to watch!
Elliott would do his "Ellie dance" when he was excited to eat, go bye-bye etc. He would spin in circles on all four feet over and over like a Dervish. Then he would stop and bark at us once or twice and resume spinning.
My pug Zoe spins too when I say "dinner time" and also when we are going to leave to go for a ride, she spins and spins!
My cousin had a Pug named Otis who would do something funny but disturbing. He would sit down, put his front legs together and use his front legs as he might a female dog. He is the only dog I have ever heard of M. B.ing.
Hello again!! Just thought of another one....Daisy scares herself when she farts. She'll be walking along minding her own business and as soon as she breaks wind, she'll whirl around shocked and look for what ever it was that snuck up on her and made that noise. When she was little, she would actually jump in the air she was so startled by this.
I am totally ROFLMAO! Thank you!
All four of mine have quirks as my one will run through the house like somethings trying to get him and if one of his stuffed animals squeak he'll drop it and run through the house,my other one whenever you get the vacuum out he'll drop and roll as he wants to be vacuumed it takes awhile to get the cleaning done,they each have so many quirks i could be here all day.
Oh my god that is so funny! This would be a 1st prize winner in America"s funniest home videos haha. Thanks for sharing that, it was a good laugh.
that is so hilarious I have tears in my eyes Julie!

This is the best forum yet! I am loving all the quirks.

Penny has a scent also. I woke up this morning with her under the covers, head on my pillow. I reached over to give her a kiss, and I swear she smelled just like a sausage biscuit from McDonalds. Weird!

She also loves to suck on the edge of pillows and all her stuffed animals. Any other pugs do this? I thought maybe she was taken from her mother too soon and never got to nurse. Thoughts?
I love it!!! A sausage biscuit!!! That's too funny... :-) Daisy likes to suck/chew on blankets and the pillow cases too. She's not obsessive about it but I have noticed it now and then. I don't know if it's about a nursing issue or just something to do. Who knows what goes on in their little heads!! Daisy does have boob obsession though. If there is cleavage showing she is diving for it!!! She did this when she was a baby to the lady I got her from and she still does it to me if I've got a cami or tank top on. It's hilarious!!! Her eyes gloss over and she'll just jump at me. I love this forum too. I've gotten more laughs out of this one than any other discussion.

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Nikki M Andruschak Neal posted a blog post
Nov 23
Sophie posted a photo
Nov 12
Sophie posted photos
Nov 12
Sophie commented on Helena Brown's photo
Thumbnail

Hektor 2

"Hello beautiful hektor! How is he doing? I've been away for so long"
Nov 12
Helena Brown posted a photo

Hektor 2

Hektor at our Independence rally last year
Nov 8
PugPapa posted photos
Oct 25
PugPapa updated their profile
Oct 25
Nikki M Andruschak Neal liked julie foutch's blog post A Pugslife Of Today
Sep 8
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
"Love these pug pics.  Gee, you'd think you liked pugs!  :)"
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Moving is such a hard thing for humans AND pugs!  Glad all is well. I was chatting with Julie on FB and she said Pugslife has lots of new friends.  Great to see all the pug pics.  "
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) liked Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service