I would like to hear about your Pugs' quirks, oddities, strange behaviors, reactions, etc.

I have found through reading about Pugs, that many of the weird things I thought were specific to my dogs, were in fact, breed traits.

So let's start sharing and see if we can't all have a good laugh while learning more about Puggies!

Thank you everyone.

Views: 3010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elliott would kiss everybody except my Mom. She was always insulted by that as well.But since he was my Mom's dog, maybe he only licked the humans he considered lower than himself in the pack?
I agree with the lower status thing, Hektor seldom licks me but he always licks my Husband who he regards as his playmate.
same here, Muffs rarely licks me but hubby gets a constant tongue bath especially neck and face. Guess I'm number three in the house as far as she is concerned - just good for feeding and cleaning her and of course as a playmate and to sleep on:) Like some of the others above, she also likes to watch things out windows or front doors when she gets a chance and travelling in the car too. she also answers me back when she gets told off.
Jack incessantly licks any window I am on the other side of. Gertie would lick the bedsheets and my face. I once timed her licking my face, without interruption, at over 14 minutes!
My dogs blow snot on the computer screen all the time. I guess that the down fall of owning both a laptop and a lap dog!

One of them always gets my glasses too. And if that doesn't make them really messy, the tounge comes out! I always have to warn our guests with glasses.
I work full time and have a daughter still in school, so in the mornings during the week we have a regular routine to get everyone out the door on time. Every morning, week day or weekend, precisely at 7:00 am, he slips off quietly, pushes open the door to my daughter's room, puts his front paws up on her bed, tongue out, and waits for her to get up. When she is in reach of the edge of the bed he will give her kisses to coax her out.

Everyone in our family knows that Mr. Foo is a mamma's boy. My husband has told me that after I leave for work, my little pug muffin pouts and sighs and looks pathetic, so much so that my husband has nicknamed him Mopey Dick! He snaps out of it though, especially when my son gets up. He is home with him a good portion of the day, so Mr. Foo is rarely lonely.

Mr. Foo loves to play rough-house with the men in the household. (Of course, they are careful of puggy and don't do anything that would hurt him.) However, he only makes play growls and starts up the rough-housing game himself when he is playing with my hubby. When Mr. Foo has had enough or hubby decides to calm him back down, it is all kisses and "Thank you for playing with me Daddy!"
Wow! You guys are amazing. Okay, my turn.

My Mom's Pug, Elliott, would do something we called "butt on the floor." He would get so excited that he would start running around the house at full speed. His head was up and his butt was so low it almost scraped the ground. He was just FLYING with his ears flapping in time to his strides. I don't know how he managed to maintain full speed with that outrageous posture.
Yes, Camus does this. We call it the "drop butt dance". They are so cute!!
We call this "Tuck and run"!
Gertie had two issues. An addiction to sulfur and a hatred of bleach.

Whenever we lit the fireplace, she would come running over, get her nose as close to the lit match as possible and sniff rapidly.

If there was a load in the washer that was being bleached, Gertie would stick her nose in the air, get a big whiff, and then bark. Over and over and over...

How many Pugs out there have O.C.D?
Hektor thinks that the television is a window on the world so to speak. If people are filmed outside he goes nuts and he runs to the television to tell them off. He too does the butt run or tailtuck as I call it, tucks his tail under and runs all over the room. When he gets a hold of a ball he shakes it like prey, and for a dog who was bred over two thousand years ago as a companion animal, the wolf is still there.
Does anyone else have to tell other people that their dog was bred to be a cushion and hot water bottle?
Camus goes crazy over animals on TV! Any animal, especially dogs or chirpy birds, start him barking. And sometimes even cartoon animals get him going!

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Nikki M Andruschak Neal posted a blog post
Nov 23
Sophie posted a photo
Nov 12
Sophie posted photos
Nov 12
Sophie commented on Helena Brown's photo
Thumbnail

Hektor 2

"Hello beautiful hektor! How is he doing? I've been away for so long"
Nov 12
Helena Brown posted a photo

Hektor 2

Hektor at our Independence rally last year
Nov 8
PugPapa posted photos
Oct 25
PugPapa updated their profile
Oct 25
Nikki M Andruschak Neal liked julie foutch's blog post A Pugslife Of Today
Sep 8
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
"Love these pug pics.  Gee, you'd think you liked pugs!  :)"
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Moving is such a hard thing for humans AND pugs!  Glad all is well. I was chatting with Julie on FB and she said Pugslife has lots of new friends.  Great to see all the pug pics.  "
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) liked Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service