Hi,due to my tight schedule, i am thinking of getting a cat for my Pug Baby as a companion. I m wondering is cat suitable to be pugs best friend? Please guide

Views: 2143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pugs and Declawed cats get along when they are raised together, but if you are thinking of putting them together without supervision as babies, I'd rethink it. Puppies play hard (tough on the kitten)! But, more importantly, a kitten has claws and can damage a pug's little eyes, can even blind your puppy! Of course, I'm assuming since you said your schedule is tight, you wouldn't be able to be there all the time. I suggest lots of chew toys in that case! Here's a picture of best friends, Sassy and a declawed Bentley.
My breeder was interested in any animals that our pup would live with and she was very reassured that there were no cats. I agree with Pam, if you have a tight schedule how do you cope with your dog. I did have Pugs when I worked full time but it took both of us to ensure that they got all the care and exercise that they needed. I would not introduce a kitten into your household especially without supervision.
My pug and cat love each other. I have pictures of them together. I sometimes worry when they play, though--get too rough.
I have a pug (9 mo) and a full grown declawed cat... they get along pretty good, they play well, but sometimes Moo likes to chew on the cats face.
If you get a cat, please have it declawed. Like Pam said, a cat with claws can and probably would (at some point) scratch your pugs little bug eyes. Many pugs have been blinded by this.

here's a great example. my dog and cat grew up together. after he lost his eye, she started doing this to him. to this day, he still loves cats but most of them are scared of dogs though. so he doesn't understand why he can't just play with all cats. i'm sure you getting a kitty for your puggy is a great idea:)
Yes, Zuko, our cat, gives our pug "baths."
A pug's best friend is a human being or another pug. I agree with most of the opinions here. Although cats are great animals, pugs need special attention because of their specific features and I think a companion cat would increase his chances of getting hurt.

I also agree with you, too. A pug needs a companion, because he's very social and one of his main characteristics is the need of constant attention. Therefore, if you go for a cat, my suggestion is a declawed one, but I think the best solution for your situation is a second pug.

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Nikki M Andruschak Neal posted a blog post
Nov 23
Sophie posted a photo
Nov 12
Sophie posted photos
Nov 12
Sophie commented on Helena Brown's photo
Thumbnail

Hektor 2

"Hello beautiful hektor! How is he doing? I've been away for so long"
Nov 12
Helena Brown posted a photo

Hektor 2

Hektor at our Independence rally last year
Nov 8
PugPapa posted photos
Oct 25
PugPapa updated their profile
Oct 25
Nikki M Andruschak Neal liked julie foutch's blog post A Pugslife Of Today
Sep 8
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
"Love these pug pics.  Gee, you'd think you liked pugs!  :)"
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Moving is such a hard thing for humans AND pugs!  Glad all is well. I was chatting with Julie on FB and she said Pugslife has lots of new friends.  Great to see all the pug pics.  "
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) liked Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service