Does anyone use doggie strollers? I have been thinking about getting one for a long time. I just wondered what kind of luck others have had. I like to be able to take the girls with me more often and more places, especially since I live about an hour away from Lake Michigan and the beach towns.
Neither of my girls can do more than 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile. Lucy had surgery on both her knee's (Luxating Patela) and Georgie is just plain tired after 1/2 mile she is dragging.
Any input would be nice.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris, I live in a very hilly tourist town and I have seen many families with doggie stollers, nothing to be embarassed about, take a look on ebay before spending a lot at a specific pet store, I would use one to take my fur kids out and about when they get to that age, as long as the whole family can enjoy outtings together then thats all that matters x
I think Lucy will be somewhat embarrassed I do that alot to her. Hee Hee. What are moms for. At least they would get outside a little more Amazon has some really sporty ones, like the jogger all terrain type but they are pricey.
Why dont you see if any neighbours or local yard sale has one they don't need, even if it is the human type stroller, one suitable from birth would be fine, see how puggie takes to it for a few weeks, before spending a large amount on the real thing.
hi chris i use a baby jogging stroller for my darla who is 8 and blind she just loves to go out in it where there is activity.
She is on the larger size and some of the doggie ones are for smaller dogs.
Hi Chris, I haven't used one but I do know a lady who has one for her Yorkies, and she has a lot so it would fit a pug. What I like about it is that there is a cover on the front so the dogs are safe and can see out. It looks very like you are taking a child for a walk and many folk thought she was walking her grandchild. I certainly wish I had seen this when we had our old fellow because he was unable to get around much but he did like to get out and about. I would check the internet for the best price before purchasing one, but I certainly would consider it as it would be an enriching experience for your girls.
You have a real reason to get a doggy stroller. I think its a great idea! I would have to agree with you on taking your pugs places with it because I have this doggy carrier and well I'm not allowed to go to certain places with my pug using it. BUT with a stroller you can! So I say go for it! It will make your puggies a lot happier to go places with you without having to stress! ^_^
I have one for my older cocker spaniel. I used to feel bad about leaving him behind when I took the younger dogs on long walks. It was really easy for Beau to get used to it and he can now go anywhere with us! I purchased mine on ebay it is a lot cheaper than at the pet stores.
Amber is the one taking a test drive in the pic below :)
Attachments:
Magda, I love your stroller, much classier than the one the lady with the yorkies has, but much the same thing. Great things.

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Nikki M Andruschak Neal liked julie foutch's blog post A Pugslife Of Today
Sep 8
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
"Love these pug pics.  Gee, you'd think you liked pugs!  :)"
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Moving is such a hard thing for humans AND pugs!  Glad all is well. I was chatting with Julie on FB and she said Pugslife has lots of new friends.  Great to see all the pug pics.  "
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) liked Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) posted a status
"Wow, I haven't been here for a while. Just needed to revisit some fun pug friends."
Sep 3
Nikki M Andruschak Neal liked Literary Lucy's video
Aug 30
Nikki M Andruschak Neal replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Moving is so difficult!! Especially with little furry ones! I moved to Mexico a year ago and this is the first time I have been on this site in almost 4 years. Welcome back! And glad things have settled down a bit! Sasha and Sophie are absolutely…"
Aug 26
Nikki M Andruschak Neal left a comment for David Chipps
"I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby! "
Aug 26
Nikki M Andruschak Neal left a comment for Gabrielle
"Welcome! Your baby is adorable!!"
Aug 26
Nikki M Andruschak Neal updated their profile
Aug 26
Nikki M Andruschak Neal and Aubrey Perkins are now friends
Aug 26
Diane Moore posted a status
"Does anyone know of someone who would trade pug sitting? In other words you watch mine and I will watch yours when you go on vacation?"
Aug 13

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service