Jack has recently begun driving us nuts by attacking the carpet. He seems to concentrate on two areas. I have tried everything to get him to stop but with no luck. I have tried several different cleaners suspecting he's picking up a scent of a long gone treat or something but he still attacks the same two spots. I've tried the bitter apple spray that broke him of his habit of chewing the throw rugs but it doesn't slow him down from his attacks at the carpet since he's digging and not biting. It's a really odd behavior and it would be a little funny if he weren't damaging the house. He barks at the carpet from about a foot away and then pounces on it like it's a mortal enemy and begins digging. The only thing that gets him to stop doing it is me getting down on the floor to play rough with him. My wife suspects that's why he attacks the carpet in the first place. This is one pug personality quirk I could do without.

Views: 594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh he digs at pillows too. He has one that we set bones or treats on and he likes to dig at it sometimes. He's gone thru two doggy beds because he's dug the stuffing out of them.
I feel your pain my Pixie did the digging rugs/carpet thing.  She actually dug a hole in one rug.  I never did figure out why but I kept getting on to her and giving her something else to occupy her and she eventually stopped.  But damage had already been done.  They like to dig when they are in the bed too.  At the covers or what ever.  My Bostons do it too so it's not just a pug thing.  On the beds Jack has destroyed I can reccomend the Kong bed.  Clyde one of the Bostons tore up several beds.  I finally invested in the Kong bed and have had it several weeks with no damage reported.  Petsmart said it had a 60 day money back policy on it, so I decided to give it a try.  So far so good.
I love it!  Guido does this too, mostly on the bed.  You have to video tape it!  Never heard of the barking though lol!
Mine do that but its because they smell something on the fabric. I have destroyed comforters to prove it. I just snatch em up and tell them no. Maybe try not rewarding him by playing?

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Tania Savage posted a status
"Spudz crossed over Rainbow Bridge 27/07/18, I will not post on here again."
Dec 25, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for Jack
"If you have a new baby, I don't think a puppy would be a good choice.  Both take a lot of time.  Perhaps adopt an older pug?"
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for PugPapa
"Enjoyed going through your pictures, so cute."
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on Konrad Jaschke's photo
Thumbnail

20180702_155253

"This is adorable, it's a pile of pups, with a pug as the cherry on top!  "
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for brooklyn flames
"Post a pic of your pug."
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for Alvin John Ernst
"So, where is the picture of your pug?"
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on Puggirl's photo
Thumbnail

My Angel, Tin Tin

"Our hearts break with you, Tin Tin was such a joy.  "
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on julie foutch's group ABBY'S HOPE
"And now we have lost sweet Tin Tin, beloved by Puggirl.  Pugs come into our lives to brighten them, and that is exactly what they do.  Sweet Tin Tin, please find our puggies that have gone on before us and tell them we still remember…"
Dec 9, 2018
Pam & Pugs :0) posted a status
"Oh, it seems like ages since I have been here. Love to come back and see all the old pics. Made so many pug friends on here."
Dec 9, 2018
Konrad Jaschke commented on Puggirl's photo
Thumbnail

My Angel, Tin Tin

"I am so sorry for your loss.  I found Pugslife many years ago when my Zoe passed.  It was the hardest thing and I still think of her every single day.  I hope you can fill some of the hole left by your pugs passing with another lovely…"
Nov 22, 2018
Konrad Jaschke posted a photo
Nov 22, 2018
Konrad Jaschke replied to Michelle M Gulla's discussion Straight tail
"I hope your pug is better now.  I haven't been around here in years, gotta start showing up again and posting. I know with my pugs when they aren't feeling food the tail does go straight and limp,but I haven't seen the sensitive…"
Nov 22, 2018

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service