Neighbor complained about smell from our yard -there was nothing there, but pug has been urinating a lot by the fence that separates our yards. Researching online have found several solutions - lime is one, baking soda-water mix is another......and found one that suggests using 2oz listerine, 2oz green palmolive soap and 2 gals water in pressure spray. Anyone have luck with this issue? Dont want to use something that will hurt plants or animals....  we have a huge yard and have decided to block off this area near the neighbors fenceline and her windows from the dogs, easy fix. But pug has a small fenced area where he is trained to go (uses it most of the time) that we still would like to spray as it is close to neighbors yard, but not AS close. With the summer sun, this problem is bad right now..... thx

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a stuff you attach to your hose and spray it.  It has a mild detergent and some kind of bio stuff that breaks down urine.  I use it.  They yard smells nice afterwards.

Any idea Konrad what it is called?

Dear Rocke, what a nice considerate neighbour you are. I have one who has a large dog, and two cats all who use as in the dogs case  an area close to the fence, and the leave the poop there for a long time, and in the cats, plural actually either the fence or my garden. I will be keen to hear the solutions as I need to clean my side of the fence (they are moving). Got so bad that weeding this part of the garden is very off putting. Mine tends to pee on the grass hence the bald patches.

So after posting in a dog group on facebook - i was told about a product called PDZ - used in kennels and horse stalls.  Its sold at farming supplies stores.  I also read just using a scented DAWN soap mixed with water in a hose sprayer should kill the smell.  So these two things I am doing this weekend.  Apparently our pug had been urinating on a corner of our house repeatedly, and when my husband noticed markings and hosed it off, the smell became pretty apparent.  I think these two things should do the trick.  And we blocked off the area to the side of the house closest to our neighbor so the dogs can relieve themselves near the neighbors.  

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

PugPapa posted photos
Sunday
julie foutch commented on peedy the pug's photo
Thumbnail

picture016

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww."
Jun 16
julie foutch liked peedy the pug's photo
Jun 16