What do you do if your dog is really sick and the vet can't do much about it. My poor amy has been haveng the runs and throwing up .She wont eat or drink anything.Is there anything i can do to make my baby better?

Views: 85

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

get a new vet, something's terribly wrong......
I'm with you on this!!!!!
A lot of things can cause these symptoms in your little pug. First you need to take away all food and water while she is still vomiting. Once she hasn't vomited for several hours, introduce small amounts of water, if she won't drink it, try and ice cube or using a syringe. Increase water as she keeps it down, if she starts to vomit, start over with this procedure. If she can keep water down for about 24 hours, try feeding her boiled skinless, boneless chicken breast or boiled white rice.

I don't know how old your dog is, if she is an older Pug there could be several things attributing to this, or it could be intestinal parasites. Keep an eye on her breathing, make sure it doesn't get labored and also check her gums, make sure they stay pink. If her gums start to feel a bit sticky, she is dehydrating and should be given sub-q or iv fluids. Hope she feels better soon.
Thank you all for you advice. Amy is doing better now the vet gave her some meds. she started to eat and drink again. So she is her old self but I am still going to keep an eye on her.
Our pug too sometimes throwup ( after eating some human food or fruits ). We have given her some ginger water ( Ginger boiled in water ) & it works on her.
Give us an update; we are thinking about you!
Withhold food & water for 24 hours, than start by giving her a little bit of water, like a tablespoon, if she keeps that down for about an hour, give her a little more, wait, if she holds that down than give her a tablespoon of BOILED hamburger and rice mixed together, it is very important to boil the hamburger, it's to greasy if u don't, if that don't work u will have to take her to the vet, look for low income places that can help you...Lynn

Well i would have taken hold of that vet as for many who know me i scare most vets either you do your job or you answer to me lol,i hope you find a better vet for one thing and i see you said she is doing better well i'm happy for that but,really i know it can be hard but,find a good vet or let this vet know if he doesn't do his job he may need a doctor.

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Nikki M Andruschak Neal posted a blog post
Nov 23
Sophie posted a photo
Nov 12
Sophie posted photos
Nov 12
Sophie commented on Helena Brown's photo
Thumbnail

Hektor 2

"Hello beautiful hektor! How is he doing? I've been away for so long"
Nov 12
Helena Brown posted a photo

Hektor 2

Hektor at our Independence rally last year
Nov 8
PugPapa posted photos
Oct 25
PugPapa updated their profile
Oct 25
Nikki M Andruschak Neal liked julie foutch's blog post A Pugslife Of Today
Sep 8
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on PugPapa's blog post My Puggies
"Love these pug pics.  Gee, you'd think you liked pugs!  :)"
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) replied to Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
"Moving is such a hard thing for humans AND pugs!  Glad all is well. I was chatting with Julie on FB and she said Pugslife has lots of new friends.  Great to see all the pug pics.  "
Sep 3
Pam & Pugs :0) liked Christine London-Camper's discussion Hey Pug family!!!!
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service