I love Chesty, you all know this. He is just a sweet little bundle of love...
for the most part.
He has this obsession with barking. Everyone says to put my hands over
his jaw and nose and say No! But he doesnt have that nose! Its all flat. :(
Also he has this thing with wanting to chew me. I have tried "No!" and saying
"ow" and lightly bopping him on the nose.

Nothing is working.

Not sure what to do as of yet.

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi raven,what's up with chesty?It sounds like your having a quite a problem.Usually with tapping them on the nose area,sometimes it works,i had a problem with my male pug ,my 8year-old,he use to bark at everything,and i mean even hearing the t.v he would start it drove everybody crazy.All i did was each time he barked i would take him and look straight into his eyes and tell him no,that's enough,it took awhile but,as time went by he stopped.Now even if he thinks about barking,like at the neighbors cat,all i do is put my fingar towards his face and say NO; he goes about his way.Just don't know what to tell you about the chewing other than maybe just keep doing what your doing,maybe as time goes by he'll stop.Wish i could help you more,i really do,maybe checkout the net,on dog training sites,as far as behavior.Hope you find something that works for you,i wish you all the best!
Its just frustrating is all Julie. When ever we get a visitor he pretty much goes psychotic! Its entertaining and frustrating at the same time. His barking. He barks at the cats mostly.
But his need to bite, chew, and eat things he isnt supposed to is almost maddening. I will keep doing as I should and hope and pray that he stops haha!
I know it's frustrating,and i wish i could make things better,it can be a long journey in teaching them,as they are a stubborn dog.It's best to get a handle on this while he's young,i remember those days when buggy was young,he chewed everything,furniture,shoes and even the parts to my vacuum,i had an electrolux and it cost us alot at the time.Like i said even now from time to time he'll start with a little bark type sound and i hold firm on what i do and he stops.Just stick to your guns with him it'll be hard but,unless you do he'll come out the winner;ha;ha-just trying to make you feel better.I'll be thinking good thoughts for you,take care and,take it one day at a time.
Hi There,

This really worked for me. I do not believe in barking collars, so a friend of mine had one to try, i tried it once just to see on my little guy rocky...he had know idea what the heck it was when it worked....
So my friend also had a broken one and gave it to us for rocky. Any time he barks all we have to do now is show it to him or put the broken thing around his neck and it works....Hate hate hate barking collars do not agree with them, yet this broken one is working for us after that one time it scared the little guy. You can also buy one and see if it work the first few times and if so just turn it off. It should work for this breed!

Good Luck! :)

Kim
Ottawa
Canada

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Eamon Daniel Standing posted a status
"The Backlog of Jefferson Pugley Comics is now available to read for free at pugleycomics.com , my gift to the isolated. Stay safe all"
10 hours ago
Eamon Daniel Standing posted a status
"Due to COVID-19 outbreak I'll be making the backlog of Jefferson Pugley comics available to read at pugleycomics.com from April. Stay safe~"
Mar 26
Eamon Daniel Standing updated their profile
Mar 26
Stella Maris updated their profile
Mar 25
Sophie posted a photo
Mar 19
Shannon posted a status
"Thank you. Sadly our sweet Joey passed away the end of February. I’ve been trying to get in touch with his breeders, DesertWind Pugs Arizona"
Mar 19
julie foutch left a comment for Stella Maris
"Welcome to our happy home,enjoy."
Mar 19
julie foutch left a comment for Kelsey
"Welcome to our happy pug family."
Mar 19
julie foutch left a comment for richdad Le
"Welcome to our family,enjoy."
Mar 19
julie foutch left a comment for Maria
"Welcome to our happy home,please enjoy."