Does anyone else have problems with pug flatulence? I feel like I'm living with cows sometimes instead of dogs... Any solution available?

Views: 543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I didn't mean to imply that they never are gassy. They are pugs, after all. LOL!
I think it's normal for pugs to pass the salt...errr.... gas. All pugs that i know they all fart-a-lot. Alert to pet shop, give a gas-mask as a freebie when u sell a pug!!
Elvis farts quite often. It's funny because if it is loud enough to hear he usually looks behind him like he is trying to figure out where that noise came from!
Our pug is 12 weeks old on Sunday. We were giving him JWB dry mixed with better by nature pouches and his farts were regular and stinky!

We have changed him to JWB dry with JWB pouches and he is much better. He still drops them in his sleep though!

Try changing the food you use see if that helps.
When I gave my pug little pieces of chicken as a treat, I noticed it was much worse. With giving her a little plain yogurt and some canned pumpkin every other day, it has improved a lot......but it was so bad at first, she would fart in the back yard and I would run away from her holding my nose, and couldn't run fast enough to get away from the smell......LOL

I told my husband about it over the phone (he is doing contact work out of the country) and he said "oh it cant be that bad"........I cant wait until he smells it for the first time.....haha....it makes your hair curl. :)

She is always so Lovable and only drops the occasional stink bomb, so I think I'll keep her..... :P
my puppy has the worst gas....we are changing her food and it is seeming to help but i guess just like people they have gas lol!! good luck
Our 4 month old pug seems to get more gas than normal when we mix his dry food with wet(lamb) flavor food. We're thinking that the lamb flavor is the cause of his smelly gasses..

Check if your puppies are sensitive to some sort of flavoring or type of food. We think that the lamb cause him to fart more than usual and they're silent + deadly ones.

Don't feel bad, our pug is one stinky farter at times also.
We switched Penny's food (9 months now) from Nutro to Orijen, which has all natural, organic ingredients. Since the switch, her gas has been horrible. She's a stinky lil girl, but we lover her!
We thought our Pug Duncan was bad then we added another flat face breed,a Boston Terrier, and she is even worse!! Diet plays a small part, but just think of all the snorting, all that air they suck in has to come out, right??? They are so darn cute though, stinky, but we love um!!

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

Natural Dog Snout Soother

Snout soother nose balm for dogs. Your dogs will thank you!!!!

Twirly Says. . .

Twirly is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Twirly Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Shannon Ricketts replied to Shannon Ricketts 's discussion Cooling down a pug
"Thank you and you did help"
6 minutes ago
Konrad Jaschke replied to Shannon Ricketts 's discussion Cooling down a pug
"Hmm, my Zoe later in life developed a similar problem when summer came around.  She would pant like crazy all night and then I would find she had pee'ed herself as well (maybe from drinking so much water?).  The first summer the vet…"
24 minutes ago
The Wee Woman commented on Jim Anderson (docand)'s photo
Thumbnail

Lexi at a MN MPR Playtime

"She is obviously tolerant of being dressed up, mine started as an escape artist very young."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Lexi the Hamburger Monster

"Very tasty Lexi, you not the HAM burger."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Lexi and the Cow

"Lexi obviously knows it isn't real. had a smell and thought I might as well sit beside this ornament."
3 hours ago
The Wee Woman posted photos
7 hours ago
The Wee Woman commented on The Wee Woman's blog post I have worried about posting this because it doesn't concern Pugs.
"Thank you Jack, not strictly an election more People Power, we have been granted the right to make the decision to either remain in the UK or to become what we were for centuries, an independent grown up state. I hope we join all the others to have…"
7 hours ago
Di's spoiled kids commented on Pam & Pugs :0)'s blog post ~Sassy Sue Hendricks~ August 8, 2001-July 18, 2014
"Yes it is so hard to watch one of out beloved pets leave us.  I stayed with all mine till the end, and it is so hard, but I think they feel us there, and it makes it so much easier for them in the end.  Or at least I hope it does. "
15 hours ago
Di's spoiled kids commented on Jim Anderson (docand)'s photo
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
Thumbnail

PET EXPO AND MN MPR

"Look at you Lexi looking so pretty"
15 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Christine London-Camper.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service