Last night while I was cleaning the house with my boyfriend (the house was empty because we're moving out) Booger was sitting in the corner and acting funny. She kept shaking. I said she didn't seem to feel very good, and we gave her some water and I snuggled her for a bit and didn't notice anything else so I put her back down on a blanket. When we were leaving, she started to limp when she was walking. When we got home (new home) we checked her out - her knees were bending fine, hip was rotating fine, nothing (visible to the naked eye) in her paws. However, she's one of those puppies that doesn't make a peep when she's hurt - you know you've all accidentally stepped on a paw! She won't even yelp....so I don't know if her leg isn't hurt or if she just isn't saying so.

This afternoon, when I got home from school I brought her outside to go to the bathroom. She hobbled to the dog walk area on 3 feet and wouldn't put her gimp leg on the ground at all (last night she was putting it down but only on her tip toes). After about 5 minutes she sat down with her leg sticking out and started to cry, and I had to carry her inside.

I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow (the vet said to wait through tonight and then see how she is in the morning) but should I bring her to the emergency place tonight????

I'm so worried about her!! I don't know what to do - she won't move - she won't even get up to see where I'm going when I go to the kitchen (and believe me that is weird, especially since the Kibbles are in there!!!)

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't even know how to answre you, but I hope you let us all know what happened.
so we brought her to the doctora nd he said it looked like a sprain. she could have twisted it jumping off the couch or gotten caught in her leash, either of which wouldn't look too obvious to a pug owner since her life is spent jumping around and geting twisted in other dogs leashes on walks! anyway, she's doing better. she's alternating between walking on it and doing the tripod....better than before when she just wouldn't move. she's taking some aspirin and taking it easy so thanks for being worried about puggie!!

now i'm worried she won't act like she's feeling better, because she's getting carried and coddled a whole lot more ;)
Poor baby. I am glad she is feeling better, though. Please keep us informed as to her progress as a sprain is so painful. I wish we could help you coddle her a little.
Dear Madeline, take her to the vet! Although you have checked her knees and hips, you may have not felt something there. It's obvious she is hurt. Patellar luxation has similar symptoms to what you have described.

Let me know what the doctor says and good luck!
BOOGER IS WELL!!!

She is finally 100% better.....she was a little sore, and after I kept her off of her feet for a few days and gave her some anti-inflammatories, she is better. The vet was right - she probably did something like jumping off the couch or getting stuck in her boyfriend's leash - and it took her a few days but she's back to normal puggie capacity!

Thank you, pug people!!
I'm happy that everything turned out all right for your little puggy. My pug is also doing the tri pod these days. His vet figures he has a partially torn ligament - caused by jumping off of something he shouldn't have. Right now he is on anti inflammitories and we're trying to keep him from putting a lot of strain on it. I hope it turns out good like it did for your pug!

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

We just Love PUGS!!

Sasha Says. . .

Sasha is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Sasha Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for Jack
"If you have a new baby, I don't think a puppy would be a good choice.  Both take a lot of time.  Perhaps adopt an older pug?"
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for PugPapa
"Enjoyed going through your pictures, so cute."
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on Konrad Jaschke's photo
Thumbnail

20180702_155253

"This is adorable, it's a pile of pups, with a pug as the cherry on top!  "
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for brooklyn flames
"Post a pic of your pug."
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) left a comment for Alvin John Ernst
"So, where is the picture of your pug?"
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on Puggirl's photo
Thumbnail

My Angel, Tin Tin

"Our hearts break with you, Tin Tin was such a joy.  "
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) commented on julie foutch's group ABBY'S HOPE
"And now we have lost sweet Tin Tin, beloved by Puggirl.  Pugs come into our lives to brighten them, and that is exactly what they do.  Sweet Tin Tin, please find our puggies that have gone on before us and tell them we still remember…"
Dec 9
Pam & Pugs :0) posted a status
"Oh, it seems like ages since I have been here. Love to come back and see all the old pics. Made so many pug friends on here."
Dec 9
Konrad Jaschke commented on Puggirl's photo
Thumbnail

My Angel, Tin Tin

"I am so sorry for your loss.  I found Pugslife many years ago when my Zoe passed.  It was the hardest thing and I still think of her every single day.  I hope you can fill some of the hole left by your pugs passing with another lovely…"
Nov 22
Konrad Jaschke posted a photo
Nov 22
Konrad Jaschke replied to Michelle M Gulla's discussion Straight tail
"I hope your pug is better now.  I haven't been around here in years, gotta start showing up again and posting. I know with my pugs when they aren't feeling food the tail does go straight and limp,but I haven't seen the sensitive…"
Nov 22
Puggirl posted a photo

My Angel, Tin Tin

My beloved Tin Tin - Born: November 23, 2009,Crossed over to the rainbow bridge: November 09, 2018. Not by my side, but always in my heart!
Nov 10

© 2018   Created by Christine London-Camper.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service