I was just wondering if my pug is theo nly one that licks everything in sight. We're talkin leather couches, canvas couches, my pillow, my feet, strangers' feet, her feet, my beagle, the console in my car, etc. etc.

Any ideas as to why? Just curious....it's not causing any problems but it's a little weird.

Views: 9314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh No..Not just you...My late pug Aster (assy for short) Licked the AIR all the time. He was also tongue challenged having a way too big tongue for his mouth, that would hang out SO long.

Now my other pugs and chihuahua licks my office chair's metal legs. VERY WEIRD.
I gotta post a photo of aster and his tongue glory.

Ellen
CHECK out my album just added a picture of the super tongue Aster!

Ellen
that's so funny. booger's tongue fits, she just licks everything. as i was typing that, she was licking my laptop. i don't get it. sometimes she licks me elbows for like 45 minutes if i let her...
Your pug is absolutely normal. They just kind of lick obessively, not sure why. We call it the puggy spa treatment. Ever notice how your skin is so silky smooth after a puggy pedicure? They also like to lick the metal legs of the dining room table and the couch.

Anne
Gracie licks ALL THE TIME and EVERYTHING. Gigi isn't so obsessed but she licks my feet and ankles when we go to bed at night.
Don't worry about it. PUGS LICK EVERYTHING. Licking is a part of their nature. They do it either as a nervous habit and sometimes the licking may have something to do with sinus drainage.
I've only seen my pug lick walls, floors, and anything wooden. But he does it on a daily basis. I suppose they all have their preferences!
Winston licks everything too! His specialty is zippers! I don't know why puggies like licking metal, maybe their lacking something in their vitamins and minerals? But I do know that I used to have severely dry skin around my mouth and chin and since we got puggy and he licks my mouth and chin all the time - I don't need moisturizer! Maybe there is something in their saliva that's good for our skin? So lick on puggies, lick on!
My pug Molly, aged 6 and a half , licks her mouth furiously. She licks and sucks and gulps, then she often belches as she takes in lots of air. I dont know why she has bouts of this. She has been lip sucking anf gulping for a few days now and also licking her foot. I can see that this behaviour means that she is worried/stressed but is it sickness? she is always hungry and is not off her food. Her food is dry food.. thats what we call it in Australia. . like dry cat food.. and I have started giving her cooked frozen vegetables, carrots , peas and something else.. she has had it before with no dramas.. her mouth licking is weird.. she also sits and looks uncomfortable too, lies down and then sits up , this has been goingon for three days or so .. I sometimes lately look after for a short while my friends pug., she knows him and hes not the problem, there is a new baby pug who stays too, she bites and Molly doesnt know her, maybe she is stressed about this new pup , the pup is not mine. . Molly has had this mouth licking before and when she lets out a belch .. a big berp...she seems fine.. she panics a lot. She is not vomiting. Any help wouldbe great.
I thought something was wrong with my pug but I found a lot of forums about other pugs licking EVERYTHING. I guess Im kinda lucky since my pug only licks skin.
We even bought a higher bed so that she couldnt jump up and lick us to death every morning at 5am but once we brought it home, she miraculously can jump all the way up so it was pointless for us to get a new bed. Now she has to sleep outside our bedroom............
My pug Bugsey loves to lick. It's especially cute when he just wakes up from a nap and licks his lips and the air for about 10 mins ... we even try to coax him to do it on command, which works sometimes!
I think Molly is a little differerent.. its not because shes happy or pleased ot hungry etc.etc its something worrying her.. same as foot licking. . its something physically worrying her, maybe not feeling too good, stressed, its weird, lots of air gulping and fast licking of the air and gulping... is she burps she often stops, its like she has indigestion .. odd, but maybe there are some other almost 7 year old pugs out there who do the same when anxious .. I think its an anxiety thing caused by stress caused by not feeling too good.. another trip to the vet I think!!

RSS

REACH 5,000 members

Advertise on Pugslife and reach out to over 5,000 pug owners.  All day, every day.

For more information, contact Christine London-Camper

Natural Dog Snout Soother

Snout soother nose balm for dogs. Your dogs will thank you!!!!

Twirly Says. . .

Twirly is our resident pug. When she's not napping, she likes to talk. and talk. and talk! Pug health. Pug training. Pug trivia. Pug, pug, pug ... all the time!

Do you know all about pugs? Not until you hear what Twirly Says.

Pugslife shirts

All proceeds go to help keep PUGSLIFE growing

Latest Activity

Puggirl commented on Allison W's photo
Thumbnail

TWO PEAS

"How cute is that!!!"
6 hours ago
Puggirl liked Allison W's photo
6 hours ago
Allison W commented on Allison W's photo
Thumbnail

"They snuggle alot, but they almost always have to be touching or very very close to each other."
13 hours ago
carol rochester liked Allison W's photo
17 hours ago
Di's spoiled kids commented on Allison W's photo
Thumbnail

TWO PEAS

"So cute"
20 hours ago
Di's spoiled kids commented on Allison W's photo
Thumbnail

"I love when my two snuggle, and that is not often"
20 hours ago
Karen and Sylvia Lunadanipoppie are now friends
yesterday
Konrad Jaschke commented on Allison W's photo
Thumbnail

TWO PEAS

"awwwww so cute!"
yesterday
Allison W posted photos
yesterday
Puggirl commented on Konrad Jaschke's blog post Meet Kloe's New Little Brother.....Maxx
"Super cute! Huggies n kissies!!!"
Saturday
Di's spoiled kids commented on Konrad Jaschke's blog post Meet Kloe's New Little Brother.....Maxx
"This is cute, he is one tired little boy"
Saturday
Konrad Jaschke commented on Konrad Jaschke's blog post Meet Kloe's New Little Brother.....Maxx
"He sure loves his sleeping! "
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Christine London-Camper.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service